Hard Boiled Eggs
- Choose the size pot and lid you need for the number of eggs you are using.
- Take 3-4 plain white paper towels and saturate them completely with water.
- Place the wet paper towels in the bottom of the pan and place your eggs on top of the paper towels in a single layer.
- Place the lid on the pot and put on the burner on medium heat. Within a few minutes you will notice steam start to escape from the edges of the lid. When this happens spin the lid to create the vapor-seal. If the lid spins freely and appears to “float” on the pot as it spins, you have created the vapor-seal.
- Turn the burner to the lowest setting.
- Allow the eggs to cook on low for about 13-15 minutes for hard eggs, 7-8 minutes for medium eggs, and about 5 minutes for soft eggs.
- Once the time is up, open the lid and add cold water over the eggs. Remove paper towels and leave small amount of cool water in the pot.
- If making hard boiled eggs, place the lid back on and give the pot a shake while holding the lid. This will crack the shells and make the eggs easier to peel.