It's the perfect autumn meal and one of our favorite vegetarian meals. Pictured in the 4 quart Gourmet Cooker but can easily be made for the 6 quart by adding more veggies.
15 minPrep Time
6 hr, 30 Cook Time
6 hr, 45 Total Time
- 1 8 " Butternut Squash cut in half long way ( seeds removed)
- 2 peeled sweet potatoes cubed
- 3 Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes cubed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 Carrots, cut in 1/2 inch Slices
- 4 Stalks of Celery Cut in 1/2 inch Slices
- 1 red bell pepper cut in 1 inch strips
- 1/2 stick butter thinly sliced
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Pepper
- 4 Quart Gourmet Cooker with Base
- Place 1/4 cup of water in bottom of 4 quart to get the cooking process started.
- Place 1/2 Butternut skin side down in bottom of Gourmet Cooker.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon and 1/2 butter slices.
- Please 1/2 potatoes, onions, bell peppers, celery and carrots around squash.
- Place the other 1/2 Butternut Squash on top.
- Place remaining butter slices on squash.
- Decorate top of squash with bell pepper.
- Fill in around squash with potatoes, onions, celery, bell peppers and carrots.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 -7 hours.
- To serve, scoop out squash and a big helping of the delicious vegetables.