- 2 Pounds Round Beef Chunks (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 4 Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 large Onion (cubed)
- 1 Green Pepper (cubed)
- 4 cups sliced Carrot chunks
- 2 Celery Stalks (diced)
- 1 15 oz . can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Tomato juice (like V-8)
- 2 tablespoons flour mixed in ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat 4 qt. pan on range top. Water drops will "dance” when dropped when pan is at right temperature.
- Trim meat of fat and brown in pre-heated pan using no fat or oil.
- Stir in tomato juice; add vegetables.
- Cover and cook on Medium heat until vapor escapes lid and spins on water seal. Then place on the Slow Cooker base on #3. Cook for about 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. (If a less tender cut of meat is used, it may need more than 3 hours.) For a slower cooking time of 6 to 7 hours use setting #2.
- During the last ½ hour of cooking, thicken the stew. Place the flour mixture in a container with a tight lid. Cover and shake well to mix; slowly pour the flour mixture into the stew while gently stirring.
- Season to taste.