A very hearty Italian vegetable soup made with a rich broth and as many seasonal veggies that you can find.
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup Celery
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Carrots (cone #2 chopped)
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1/2 cup cabbage (cone #4)
- 1/2 cup zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup pasta (uncooked)
- 1/2 lb. frozen peas
- 4-5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbs. fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 6 Qt. Stock Pot with Cover
- In stock pot, combine water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil, rosemary, red pepper, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Heat on medium for 5 minutes.
- Reduce to medium/low, cook 15 minutes.
- Add can of kidney beans, tomatoes, spinach, cabbage, zucchini, pasta, and peas.
- Cook for 30-40 more minutes on medium/low.
- Serve and garnish as you like.