A robust and aromatic Quinoa dish that you will share for years to come. The balance of spice and flavor mixed with the fullness of the vegetables proves this dish can stand alone as an entree or used as a side dish.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced – #4 cone
- 1 red onion, quartered – #4 cone
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & julienned1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained) –16 oz.(Follow direction #1)
- 1 tbs. olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbs. curry powder or paste
- 2 tbs. grated ginger root – #1 cone
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 5-6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (to crush well place in coffee grinder)
- 1- can of coconut milk
- 4 tbs. fresh lemon juice(Follow direction #2
- Chopped Peanuts for garnish, if desired
- 1 cup of Quinoa (optional)
- 2 Qt. Sauce Pan
- 1 Qt Sauce Pan
- Steam carrots, squash, broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, onion and garbanzo beans in Dutch oven for 6-8 min. or until tender-crisp. Transfer to serving dish, keep warm.
- In your 2 quart saucepan, cook Quinoa.
- Heat oil in 1 qt. saucepan over medium heat – add curry, ginger, cumin, garlic and red pepper, stir continuously for 2 minutes. Add quinoa in after veggies are cooked.
- Gradually add coconut milk and lemon juice. Simmer it, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. (This will give you plenty of sauce to coat your vegetables, with some left over, for your rice). Pour desired amount of sauce over vegetables just prior to serving, mix in gently.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts if desired.