The perfect side dish to just about any meal. Crispy fresh asparagus highlighted with lightly toasted almonds and a bit of soy sauce and ginger gives a nice little zing.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1.5 lbs. Asparagus
- 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Grated Ginger
- ¼ cup Chopped Toasted Almonds
- 1 Tsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8 Inch Small Skillet with Cover
- Toast almonds in skillet on medium heat. Spray pan with vegetable spray and add almonds. Stir and cook until they turn light gold.
- Trim asparagus. Slice diagonally into bite-sized pieces or leave whole, trim to fit pan. To trim the ends of asparagus, hand snap off the base. It will snap where it is tender and not woody.
- In skillet, over medium heat, preheat oil for about 1 minute. Add ginger and stir -fry for 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry for about 4 mins. If spears are whole, turn with spatula or put lid on and gently shake to move the spears around.
- Asparagus will be bright green and still too hard. Replace the lid while you put the rest of the dinner on the table (about 2-5 minutes) then add almonds and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Toss to coat and serve immediately.