Garden Herb Potatoes
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Cook Time
1 hr, 40 Total Time
- 8 red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8-10 Rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 5 or more cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chives, fresh or dried
- Parmesan (optional)
- For smaller potatoes, 10 Inch Skillet with Cover and Gourmet Cooker Base
- For medium or large potatoes, 4 Quart Stock Pot with Cover and Gourmet Cooker Base or
- 4 Quart Gourmet Cooker with Base
- Mix olive oil, basil, rosemary, minced garlic, salt, and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Wash potatoes, slice in half.
- Rinse with water.
- Pour enough olive oil herb mixture on bottom of skillet/stock pot to cover. Poke potatoes with a fork to make holes for olive oil to saturate, dip in olive oil mixture or brush on with pastry brush (making sure herbs stick to potatoes too).
- As you dip or brush potatoes, layer them in the skillet/stock pot. Sprinkle with chives, and Parmesan if desired.
- Place whole cloves of garlic in cooker for a side dish of baked garlic. Dab herb mixture over potatoes reserving some for after potatoes are cooked.
- Cover unit and place on base. Steam-bake it at setting #3 for 1 ½ – 2 hours or until tender.*This olive oil mixture is delicious served with bread. Try it in place of butter or margarine with your Italian meals.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware