Chickpeas & Potatoes with Garlic
- 28 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tbs. water
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced (use more if you dare)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup water salt to taste
- Process garlic and 2 tbsp. water into a paste in a food processor.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add garlic paste and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously. Add more water if it dries out too much.
- Add cumin seeds and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are done.