So savory that it should be a weekly staple. Chickpeas easily take the place of chicken in this dish. If you want to surprise your loved ones with a new take on chickpeas this is how you do it!
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 28 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tbs. water
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced (use more if you dare)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup water (salt to taste)
- 12 Inch Skillet with Cover
- Process garlic and 2 tbsp. water into a paste in a food processor.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic paste and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously. Add more water if it dries out too much.
- Add cumin seeds and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are done.