- 1 Cup Brown rice
- 2 Cups Water
- Combine water and rice in 2 qt. sauce pan. Bring to boil over MEDIUM heat. Cover.
- Reduce heat to LOW and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Without lifting the lid, remove pan from heat and allow sitting for 35 minutes or more.
- Un-cover and stir. If rice is still too firm and liquid remains in bottom of the pan, cover and place back on MEDIUM heat until lid spins on water seal. Remove from the heat and allow sitting another 5 minutes.
- If you wish to reheat for later use, add about 3 tablespoons water to the pan, cover and heat over MEDIUM heat until lid spins on water seal. Remove from the heat and allow sitting for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, season to taste.