Brown Rice & Mushrooms
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 16 oz . Mushrooms (fresh sliced)
- 5 cups Broth (Low Sodium chicken, beef or vegetable, or water)
- 1 cup Almonds (slivered blanched)
- ¼ to ½ cup Red Peppers (diced)
- 1½ Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper or other seasoning
- Melt butter in 4 qt. (the Gourmet Cooker unit); sauté mushrooms, almonds and red peppers until tender. Cook on medium heat uncovered, tossing to cover with the butter, for about 2-3 minutes then cover and cook until tender. Volume will decrease by about 1/2. Do not fully cook as they will cook with the rice.
- Add rice, broth, water, and seasoning. Cover and cook on medium heat until lid spins on water seal.
- Place on Gourmet Cooker base. Set at #4 and slow cook for 3 hours or until rice is tender. There will be excess liquid as this is a casserole type dish.
- When rice is tender, disconnect plug from the Gourmet Cooker Base. Keep covered until ready to serve.