A delicious balance of fresh salmon and tender potatoes, this salad is a crowd pleaser! A great option for a summer barbecue or a winter holiday get-together.
- 4 Med Eggs
- 4 Large Baking Potatoes or 8 red potatoes
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1 lbs. Fresh Salmon
- 1½ Cups Mayonnaise (Fat-free)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- ¼ tsp. Lemon Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Dill
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 10 Inch Freedom Skillet with Cover
- 2 Qt. Sauce Pan with Cover
- 1 Qt. Sauce Pan with Cover
- COOKING THE SALMON: Using the 10 Inch Freedom Skillet, lightly coat the skillet in olive oil, turn the heat to medium, place the 1 lb salmon into the skillet,cook both sides. Remove from skillet and place in refrigerator to chill.
- COOKING POTATOES: Scrub skins and remove dark spots. Do not peel. Cut into cubes. Place in 2 qt. pan; rinse with cool water until it runs clear. Drain. Cover and cook on MEDIUM heat until water seal is formed and lid spins freely. Reduce to LOW and cook 8 minutes. Test for doneness. If additional time is needed, cover and allow to sit off-heat until fork tender. Transfer to storage bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- COOKING EGGS: Place a wet paper towel in bottom of 1 qt pan. Place eggs on towel. Cover and cook on MEDIUM until water seal is formed and lid spins freely. Reduce heat to LOW and cook 13 minutes. Remove from heat, remove paper towel, rinse with cool water. With a small amount of water in pan and cover on, shake the eggs. This will break the shells and loosen the egg for easy peeling. Peel and refrigerate until cool.
- MAKING THE SALAD: Take the chilled Salmon and gently separate into 1-2 inch pieces. Small dice the large onion, roughly chop the parsley then gently mix all ingredients with the cooled potatoes (saving eggs for the last step). Use two forks and work gently. Avoid breaking the potato pieces. Cut and add the hard cooked eggs (or use the eggs as a garnish on top of the salad). Do not over mix. Flavor will be enhanced if allowed to sit overnight.