- 1 lb . Ground Beef (very lean)
- 1 med Onion (Chopped (½ cup)
- 1 8 oz jar Tomato Sauce
- 1 14 oz can Tomatoes (diced, or 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes)
- ¼ cup Celery (1 stalk, diced)
- 1 cup Green Pepper (or ½ green and ½ red peppers, diced)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic (minced, 1 large clove)
- 1½ Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper (or red if you dare!)
- 1 16 oz can Kidney Beans (Garbanzo Beans, or other Bean of Choice, drained)
- ½ cup Water (Broth or Bouillon, add more as needed for consistency)
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- Sour Cream and Cilantro (for garnish if desired)
- Prepare onion, green/red pepper and celery using #2 cone on your Kitchen Kutter; mince fresh garlic.
- Brown meat over medium heat in Gourmet Cooker pan on the range until meat has just about lost its pink color. Add vegetables and garlic; cook about 1 additional minute. Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Stir to mix.
- Place pan on Gourmet Cooker base and cook on setting #2 for 4 hours, or #3 for 3 hours, #4 for 2 hours. At end of cooking time, season it to taste. Add more liquid as needed for desired consistency.
- Ladle chili into bowls, sprinkle with cheese and serve. For a gourmet touch, offer a wide range of toppings to be added at the table.