A truly delicious Italian style vegan dinner cooked to perfection in our evenly heated cookware. Not looking for vegan, switch to dairy based cheeses and serve it up for the whole family to enjoy. Lasagna for everyone!
15 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb portobella mushroom, chopped
- 2 tbsps herb de provence
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- olive oil based non-stick cooking spray
- 1 jar marinara sauce, 26 oz
- (about 3 1/2 cups), divided
- 1 package no-boil lasagna
- 8 oz vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 Freedom Skillet with Cover
- 12 inch Large Skillet with Cover
- Preheat the 12 inch Large Skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add chopped portobella mushrooms and season with Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Stirring occasionally, saute until the mushrooms are lightly brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute until garlic is soft and aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Lightly coat the 10" Freedom Skillet with cooking spray.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of the sauce into the bottom and spread evenly
- Use two of the lasagna noodles to make a layer and cover the sauce. (One of the noodles will need to be broken to fill smaller area, don't worry about being perfect the noodles expand)
- Spread another 1/2 cup of sauce evenly over the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded vegan mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Place 1/3 of the vegan cream cheese in small dollops on the shredded cheese.
- Use 2 more noodles to create another layer of noodles and then spread 1/2 the mushroom mixture over the sauce.
- Add another layer of 2 noodles.
- Repeat the layers reserving the last 1/3 of the cheese and the last 1/2 cup f sauce for later.
- Place the pan on medium heat, when you see vapor escape from the side of the lid (approximately 5 minutes), spin the lid to set the Vapor Seal and turn the heat to low.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid, spread the last of the sauce and cheese on top of the lasagna, replace the cover and cook for another 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the heat, let stand for 5-10 minutes and serve.
This dish may be cooked on the Gourmet-Cooker-base. Once assembled cook the lasagna on setting #2 for 2 hours. As with the previous method, place the reserved sauce and cheese on and cook for an additional 10 minutes before serving.