Serves 3 oz. pork, 1/2 cup apple sauce688
Pork Roast with Applesauce
15 minPrep Time
8 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 boneless Pork Loin Roast (2-3 pounds)
- 4 Apples
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- Set the base of your Gourmet Cooker to #4 while preparing your roast and apples.
- Preheat top unit (4 Quart) of the Gourmet Cooker on range. Trim roast of visible fat. Season the roast by rubbing your favorite Mrs. Dash seasoning blend into all sides. When beads of water dropped on the hot pan surface “dance,” your pan will be hot enough. Add the seasoned pork roast and Brown on all sides.
- While meat is browning, wash, quarter and remove seeds from the apples. Shred the apples by using the #2 cone on the Kitchen Kutter. The Kutter will shred the apple and leave the skin behind.
- After the roast is nicely browned, add the shredded apples around and on top of the roast.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the roast and apples. Cover and cook on #4 for about 1/2 hour or until you need to leave the kitchen, then turn to #2 for remaining 4-6 hours of cooking.
- Remove roast from the unit when roast is tender, cover to keep warm. Remove cooked apples to a mixing bowl, using a slotted spoon. Do not scrape the bottom of the pan. Whip with fork or whisk into a chunky applesauce consistency. Set aside to serve with dinner as a side item.
- Make gravy with the liquid remaining in pan. If you are concerned that the roast had fat you were not able to trim away, pour the liquid into a measuring cup. The fat will float to the top and you can spoon it off. Return the liquid to the 4 Quart Unit.8) Place the pan on the range top on medium heat. In a separate small container with a tight lid, combine 1 Tablespoon cornstarch with about 1/4 cup cold water. Cover and shake well to mix. Slowly pour this mixture into the hot liquid; stirring constantly, scrapping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. This will enhance the flavor of your gravy. Stir until thickened. Serve with your roast.