Meatloaf with Potatoes
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1 large onion finely chopped or shredded
- 2 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup (1 pkg.) crushed whole wheat saltine crackers
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2-4 potatoes washed and sliced
- 1- cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients except the potatoes and glaze and mix well. Shape into big ball. (To avoid sticking it works well to put mixture on saran wrap and shape into ball).
- Layer sliced potatoes on the bottom and sides of meatloaf and place meatloaf over potatoes. Evenly spread out to the form of slow cooker.
- Mix glaze ingredients and pour over meatloaf. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until internal meat temp is 160 degrees.
Tip: Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up!
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware