Yields vary on amount of chicken prepared.
Consider this: a healthy alternative to greasy fried chicken, this recipe is waterless, grease-free, healthy, and most of all quick to cook and clean!!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Chicken breast- boneless, skinless
- **May use chicken thighs- boneless, skinless
- 12 Inch Skillet with Cover (if a large quantity of chicken)
- 10 Inch Skillet with Cover (if a medium quantity of chicken)
- 8 Inch Skillet with Cover (if a small quantity of chicken)
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat with the lid off. (You can turn the burner to medium-high if you prefer the chicken more crisp)
- Place the raw chicken into the preheated pan meat side down in a single layer, being sure not to overfill the skillet. Do not try to move or turn the chicken at this point. Allow to cook with the lid off for a few minutes until you see the juices, usually pink and white in color escaping the chicken.
- At this point if you wish turn the chicken over. You should be able to loosen it gently from the pan with a pair of tongs and allow the other side to cook for a few minutes until you see juices escaping again.
- Put the lid on and turn the burner down to low for the remainder of cooking time between 12 to 15 minutes.
Cooking time can vary due to size of pan and amount of chicken. Rule of thumb: Fill your pots and pans at least 2/3 full of food for best results. If you are cooking 2 chicken breasts, an 8 Inch Skillet with Cover might be perfect!!