Nothing beats a homemade beef roast with carrots and potatoes, just the way you remember when you were growing up.
20 minPrep Time
9 hrCook Time
9 hr, 20 Total Time
- 3 lbs Beef Top Round Roast (trimmed of fat)
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 package Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Steak Sauce
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (sliced using #4 cone)
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Juice
- 4 Qt. Stock Pot with Cover and Gourmet Slow Cooker Base or
- Gourmet Slow Cooker Base
- Brown the beef in the stock pot on the stovetop using medium heat.
- Remove stock pot from heat and remove the roast.
- Rub the meat with the black pepper and onion soup mix.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, tomato juice and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Separate sliced onion into rings.
- Cut carrots into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Place onion rings, some of the carrots, the celery and the bell pepper in the bottom of the stock pot and place the roast on top of the vegetables.
- Place remaining carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Pour the sauce and juice mixture slowly over meat. Place stock pot on the Gourmet Slo Cooker using setting #2 and cook 8-10 hours. If faster cooking time is desired, increase heat setting to #3 or #4 for 4-8 hours. Amount of time depends on how well done you want the roast to be.
- After cooking is complete and food is removed from the stock pot, any remaining liquid may be thickened with flour or cornstarch and used for gravy.