Gourmet Beef Roast
- 3 lbs Beef Top Round Roast (trimmed of fat)
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 package Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Steak Sauce
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (sliced using #4 cone)
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Juice
- Brown the beef in the slow cooker unit on the stovetop over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and remove the roast from the pan.
- Rub the meat with the black pepper and onion soup mix. Mix the Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, tomato juice and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Separate sliced onion into rings. Cut carrots into 3 or 4 pieces. Place onion rings, some of the carrots, the celery and the bell pepper in the bottom of the pan and place the roast on top of the vegetables. Place remaining carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Pour the sauce and juice mixture slowly over meat. Place gourmet slow cooker on setting #2 and cook 8-10 hours. If faster cooking time is desired, increase heat setting to #3 or #4 for 4-8 hours. Amount of time depends on you desire of doneness.
- After cooking is complete and food is removed from the slo-cooker, any remaining liquid may be thickened with flour or cornstarch and used for gravy after the food is fully cooked.