Yields 8 + Servings
Corned Beef Dinner
25 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 25 Total Time
- 2 lbs. Corned Beef packed with liquid and spices
- 2 med Potatoes cut in half
- 4 med Carrots
- 2 med Turnips (Optional)
- 2 med-large Onions
- 1 small Head Cabbage (firmly packed)
- 6 ounces of beer (your choice)
- 4 Quart Stock Pot with Cover and Gourmet Slo Cooker Base
- or 4 Quart Gourmet Slo Cooker with Base
- Scrub (but do not peel) the carrots, potatoes and turnips.
- Cut off the tips and stems and cut the potatoes and turnips in half.
- Clean the onions, removing the outer skin, then cut in half.
- Open package of corned beef carefully to retain liquid and spices.
- Trim visible fat on top and bottom of roast and discard fat.
- Place corned beef in stock pot.
- Place vegetables around beef and add liquid from the package, but no more than 1/4 cup.
- Sprinkle spices on top of beef and add the 6 ounces of beer.
- Cover and turn Gourmet Slo Cooker to #2 for 6 hours or to #1 for 8 hours.
- Clean Cabbages, removing outer leaves, and cut in 4 pieces.
- With 30 minutes remaining to cook, place cabbage on top of vegetables and meat.
- Cover and do not disturb for remainder of cooking time.
- To serve, remove all to a serving platter.
- Gently cut vegetables into serving pieces.
- Remove the corned beef, cut thin slices across the grain line.
- Serve at once.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware