Stove top Cake? Yes!! Can be cooked using the stack cooking method as well!! Can this work with other fruits? Yes!! Try and swap everything strawberry with peaches!!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
208.1 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Box Strawberry Sugar free Gelatin
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Pureed Strawberries
- 1 Cup Strawberry Glaze or pie filling
- 10 Inch Skillet with Cover
- Combine all ingredients and mix for 2 minutes or at least 50 strokes by hand.
- Coat the skillet liberally with cooking spray. Spread about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of strawberry filling or glaze on the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the cake batter evenly on top of the glaze. Cover
- Cook on MEDIUM heat uncovered to set.
- Once set, put lid on and reduce heat to LOW. Cook a total of 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off or remove from heat and allow to sit 20 minutes DO NOT OPEN LID.
- Test to see if cake is done using a toothpick. It should come out almost clean. Cake should be springy to the touch.
- Allow to sit about 10 minutes.
- **If it is not done, cover and put back on LOW heat for 10 more minutes, remove from heat and allow sitting for 10 minutes covered.**
- Loosen edges. Place plate on top of skillet, and flip cake up-side-down. The glaze is now a frosting. Decorate with strawberry halves and fat free whipping cream.
- Serve and enjoy.