Stovetop Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz. Solid Packed Pumpkin Puree (1 small can)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Biscuit Baking Mix
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, divided
- 12 oz. Evaporated Milk, Skim (1 can), reserve 1 Tablespoon for topping
- 2 Eggs
- 2½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Pecans, chopped
- 12 Inch Skillet with Cover
- 4 Quart Gourmet Cooker with Base
Cookware used for stovetop:
Cookware used for Gourmet Slo Cooker:
- Pre-heat your skillet for stovetop cooking, or the 4 qt. for Slow Cooking, on the range top on medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine the white sugar, biscuit mix, 2 tablespoon melted butter, eggs and milk- reserving 1 tablespoon milk for the topping. Beat in pumpkin, spice and vanilla until smooth.
- Spray pan with food spray. Pour into pre-heated pan. Cover. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then either turn the range to just above low for stove top cooking, or if using the Gourmet Cooker, place the 4 qt. on the base and set to #4. Either method, cook for about 50 minutes or until a dinner knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the pie is cooking, make the streusel topping: Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add the brown sugar and pecans. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Add the reserved tablespoon of milk. Gently sprinkle over the top of the pie as it cooks. This topping is optional and can be put on any time during the cooking process or after the pie is done.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware