Slow Baked Apples
- 7 small Gala Apples
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 6 Gingersnaps, crushed
- Peel apple 1/4 at top and core, taking care not to remove the bottom of the apples.
- Mix raisins, cranberries and nut. Fill center of apples. Top each apple with about 1 tsp. butter. Mix cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the apples; sprinkle with mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Cover, place on Slow Cooker base and cook on #4 for 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are fork tender. Do not overcook as the apples will lose their shape.
- Remove apples to serving dishes. Place 2 qt. Slow Cooker utensil on the stove top on medium heat. Cook liquid until it thickens, 6- 8 minutes. Drizzle sauce over apples. Sprinkle crushed ginger snaps on top and serve.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware