Skillet Strawberry Dumplings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine (Trans-fatty free)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) strawberries, hulled and rinsed
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and the water in the 1 Quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a medium, mixing bowl, sift together flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Add milk and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place strawberries in the electric skillet and pour the hot sugar mixture over strawberries. Immediately drop dough evenly in 8 to 10 spoonful over strawberries (a melon scooper works well if you have one).
- Sprinkle dumplings with a little cinnamon, if desired. Bake at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot, with whipped cream, ice cream and fresh sliced strawberries, if desired.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware