Quick Carrot Cake
- 1 pkg. Yellow or Spice Cake mix
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon (add to Yellow cake only)
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg (add to Yellow cake only)
- ½ tsp. Allspice (add to Yellow cake only)
- 1 cup Raw Carrots (grated (#1 cone)
- If using a yellow cake, add the cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Mix. Prepare cake mix according to box directions replacing ¼ cup of the oil with 1/3 cup sour cream.
- Mix in the grated carrots, raisins, nuts and fruit peel.
- Spray large skillet with food spray and pre-heat on MEDIUM heat. When pan rim is hot to the touch, pour in the batter. Cover. When water seal forms and the lid spins freely turn heat to LOW.
- Cook 35 minutes. Check to see if top is set. If still liquidly, continue cooking checking at 5 to 10 minute intervals. When top is set, remove from heat and keep covered. Allow sitting off heat, covered, until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and invert to remove from pan. Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware