Lemon Chess Pie
40 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1 1 /2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1 /4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco (chilled)
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 9” Pie Pan
- - For Pie Crust
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium size bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the cold shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water over flour. Toss mixture with a fork to moisten, adding more water a few drops at a time until the dough comes together.
- Gently gather dough particles together into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
- Roll out dough, and place in pie pan.
- - For Filling
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware