Yields 10+ Slices
5 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 20 oz. Crushed Pineapple, canned in Juice
- 1 pt. Fresh Blueberries
- ¾ cup Sugar (or Sweetener)
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans (or other nuts)
- olive oil cooking spray (or Pam)
- 10 Inch Skillet with Cover
- Gourmet Slo Cooker Base
- Spray the skillet with evenly with cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients one at a time in the order given: Crushed Pineapple with juice, Blueberries, Sugar, Cake Mix, Melted Butter, Chopped Pecans
- Cook on the Gourmet Slo Cooker using #4 setting for 2 hours or until cake tests done. The cake portion will be springy and will not stick to a toothpick when inserted.
- To remove from Gourmet Slo Cooker, cover pan with a plate about 2 ” larger than the pan and quickly invert. Now place your serving plate over this plate and invert again. Cake is now right side up. Gently pat any pieces out of place back into shape.
- Cut or spoon to serve. To dress up your dessert, top with ice cream or whipped topping.
Suggestions: For a gourmet touch, add a sprinkle of cinnamon to plain yogurt. Put about a tablespoon on top of each serving. Keep the amount small so the taste blends rather than stands out.
Suggest host provide vanilla ice-cream to serve with cobbler. Change the fruit to fit the time of year, using fruits in season.
Try these combinations:
5 cups sliced apples with 1/2 cup apple juice
5 cups sliced nectarines or mango with 1/2 cup peach nectar
3 cups diced rhubard, 2 cups sliced strawberries with 1/2 cup apple juice. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.