Yields 10+ Slices
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 or 8 ounce Can Crushed Pineapple in juice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Box Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix (or 1/2 LG box Yellow cake Mix)
- 10 Inch Skillet with Cover
- Wash and discard soft or dried berries if using fresh. Place in bottom of skillet. Add can of pineapple including juice and mix lightly.
- Pour DRY cake mix over fruit. Spread evenly. Sprinkle Cinnamon over cake mix.
- Cover and cook on medium heat on stovetop until vapor escapes. Reduce heat to Low, continue cooking for 20 minutes or until fruit has bubbled up through the topping and a nice cobbler topping has formed. (When removing lid, be careful not to allow water from the lid to drip onto the cobbler.
- Allow to air dry a bit before serving if time allows.
Suggestions: For a gourmet touch, add a sprinkle of cinnamon to plain yogurt. Put about a tablespoon on top of each serving. Keep the amount small so the taste blends rather than stands out. Suggest host provide vanilla ice-cream to serve with cobbler. Change the fruit to fit the time of year, using fruits in season. Try these combinations: -5 cups sliced apples with 1/2c. apple juice -5 cups sliced nectarines or mango with 1/2 cup peach nectar -3 cups diced rhubard, 2 cups sliced strawberries with 1/2 cup apple juice. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.