Kitchen Craft Cookware
Yields 12 slices
Banana Crunch Cake
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- ¼ cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats (instant)
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Pecans (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (soft)
- 1 Banana – Very ripe
- ¼ cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- ½ box Yellow Cake Mix
- 8 Inch Skillet with Cover
- For a double batch, use the 10 Inch Skillet with Cover
- Combine flour, coconut, oat, brown sugar, pecans and butter. Mix until it resembles crumbs. Set aside.
- Prepare cake by mixing cake mix with eggs and sour cream. Blend in banana. Beat well, about 2 minutes with electric beater or 500 strokes by hand.
- Put the skillet on the range on medium heat.
- Pre-heat until the rim becomes hot to the touch. Spray the pan with food spray.
- Put ½ the cake batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle coconut mixture on top.
- Now, carefully spoon the remainder of the cake batter on top.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes.
- Cake must look set in the center before removing from the heat. Allow to sit with the cover on, off heat, until it passes the spring test.
- Tip out of pan and allow cooling on a wire rack. Serve with a light sprinkle of finely chopped nuts on top in place of frosting….it is in the middle!
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware