No Sugar Added Apple Pie
1 based on 1 review(s)
- 5-6 large granny smith apples – unpeeled and thinly sliced with cone #4
- 1 11.5 oz. can white grape juice concentrate (apple is ok too)
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Pie Crust with top (use your favorite pie crust)
- Kitchen Kutter
- Quarter apples, removing seeds. Push apple quarters through cone #4, removing large pieces with skin. Place apples in large bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 of the juice concentrate into saucepan, begin warming on medium-low heat.
- Spoon cornstarch into remaining cold juice concentrate, mix with whisk or fork until smooth.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to juice on stove, stirring constantly with whisk until it becomes a thick creamy consistency. (If you cook it too long it will become too thick and harder to mix in).
- Sprinkle cinnamon & fruit juice over apples and mix gently – until all apples are covered.
- Pour filling into pie shell. Cover with top crust, seal, and flute edges. Poke a hole in top crust or slit with a knife.
- Bake at 375 degrees for until the top starts to lightly brown (15 minutes) then turn it down to 350 for another 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Pie will drip, so make sure to put a cookie sheet or foil on rack beneath pie. (Not directly under pie itself).
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware