Almond Honey Popcorn
- Softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups almonds
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using cone #4 of the Kitchen Kutter, slice almonds, running them through twice.
- Butter a large bowl with softened butter. In the bowl toss together the almonds and the popped popcorn.
- In a 3 quart saucepan with, melt the butter. Add honey and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and allow boiling for five minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour over popped popcorn and stir to coat. Place on large cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. (Hint: To avoid the sticky stuff on the bottom of cookie sheet, cover cookie sheet or sheets with parchment paper before cooking.)
- Remove from oven, loosen from pan and cool.
Hint: To avoid the sticky stuff on the bottom of cookie sheet, cover cookie sheet or sheets with parchment paper before cooking.