Serves Serves 4 people356
Vegetable Egg Pancakes
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 cups thinly sliced brussel sprouts (about 8 oz)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 4 Omega 3-enriched eggs
- 2 Omega 3-enriched egg whites
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 6 tsp. ground flaxseed
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray. Add brussels sprouts, scallions, carrots, and a pinch of salt. Toss to mix. Cover and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally until vegetables are wilted and lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat slightly if the vegetables are browning too quickly.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, ginger and 2 tbsp water with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Turn off heat and coat surface with cooking spray. Turn heat back on to medium-low heat. Ladle one quarter of the egg mixture (about 5 tbsp) into page. Cook until edges start to set, 20 to 30 seconds. Using a silicone spatula, carefully lift edges, tipping pan to allow runny mixture to get underneath. When eggs are almost set and just shimmering on top, about 1 minute, sprinkle on 1 1/2 tsps. flaxseed and 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture. Cook until the eggs are completely set, about 30 seconds. Slide pancake onto a plate and fold in half, or roll pancake like a jelly roll by hand and then slide it onto a plate.
- Repeat for remaining 3 pancakes.