Serves Serves 4 people2148
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Combine the flours, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Reserve.
- Beat the milk with eggs in another bowl. Add the ricotta, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Let batter stand 10 minutes.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, spoon batter into the hot pan. Cook until bubbles form on top of each pancake, about 3 minutes. Carefully turn and cook the other side until bottoms are golden in color, 2 minutes more.
- Serve topped with fresh blueberries, and maple syrup if desired.