Serves Serves 4 people537
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- cooking spray
- Square Griddle (cooks 4 smaller pancakes at a time)
- 7 Inch Saute (cooks a 6 inch pancake)
- 8.5 Inch Saute (cooks a 8 inch pancake)
- If using the 8.5 Inch Saute or 7 Inch Saute, you can cook these pancakes on the Gourmet Cooker Base
- Combine the flours, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Reserve.
- Beat the milk with eggs in another bowl.
- Add the ricotta, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Let batter stand 10 minutes.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray.
- Heat the griddle over medium heat.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, spoon batter into the hot pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of each pancake, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn and cook the other side until bottoms are golden in color, 2 minutes more.
- Serve topped with fresh blueberries, and maple syrup if desired.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware