Yields varies on sizes of pancakes and what cooked on.
Consider this: A healthy way to cook pancakes, this recipe is waterless, grease-free, healthy, and most of all quick to cook and clean!!
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups flour (or 1c. white + 1c. whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Square Griddle (cooks 4 smaller pancakes at a time)
- 7 Inch Saute (cooks a 6 inch pancake)
- 8.5 Inch Saute (cooks a 8 inch pancake)
- If using the 8.5 Inch Saute or 7 Inch Saute, you can cook these pancakes on the Gourmet Cooker Base
- Mix the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Preheat your square griddle over medium heat.
- Apply a thin coat of cooking spray to the griddle before cooking your first batch.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. (If using a saute or skillet, amounts poured can vary due to pancake size and pan size - you want to fully cover the bottom of the pan if making in a skillet or saute)
- Cook until bubbles break and edges are cooked then flip over and cook the other side. (roughly 1 minute per side)
For larger pancakes, you can garnish them to look like an actual pumpkin. Imagine a stack of 8 Inch hot and fluffy pancakes with eyes, mouth, nose and stripes.