Yields 1 loaf of Bread
Robust rosemary enhances and defines this soft and delicious fresh "baked" bread!
1 hr, 10 Prep Time
2 hrCook Time
3 hr, 10 Total Time
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet dry active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary (chopped, divided)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt (divided)
- Parchment paper
- Paper towels
- 4 Qt. Utensil with Slow Cooker Base
- 4 Qt. Stock Pot with Cover
- Gourmet Slow Cooker Base
- In a large bowl, mix together the water, yeast and sugar. Let sit 10 minutes. The mixture should become bubbly.
- Stir in half of the salt (1/2 tsp), half of the rosemary (2 tbsp), the 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and all the flour. Mix until fully combined. Work it together with your hands, if necessary.
- Lightly grease a large bowl and place the dough in. Cover it with a kitchen towel and leave the dough in a warm, draft-free area. Let it sit and rise for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and gently roll it into a ball on a floured surface. Let it sit for another 20 minutes.
- Set the slow cooker to high. Line the 4 Qt. Stock pot with two pieces of parchment paper, leaving at least 2 inches hanging out of each side of the slow cooker. Place the dough in the slow cooker and sprinkle it with remaining salt and rosemary.
- Drape paper towels over the top of the slow cooker and then place the lid on. This should capture any moisture that would sit on the lid and prevent it from dripping back onto your bread.
- Cook the bread for 2 hours and remove from the slow cooker. It will most likely still be a bit pale on the outside. It tastes great this way, but I like to put mine on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put it under the broiler for a quick 3-5 minutes to get a crunchier, darker crust.
- Let cool before slicing. Serve with olive on side for dipping.
Tip: Season dipping olive oil with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and shredded parmesan cheese. It’s delicious!