Homemade Banana Nut Bread
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup ready-to-eat bran cereal (such as bran flakes)
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBS boiling water
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 9” Round Cake Pan
- Add bran, banana, applesauce and sugar to a large bowl.
- Add the water and stir.
- In another bowl, sift or stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the banana mixture, stirring only until combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into round cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware