Stuffed Grape Leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (chopped1)
- 2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3-4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 30 – 40 small grape leaves or 1 jar
- Heat olive oil in 10? skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook, stirring frequently, until soft
- Add parsley and bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in rice, dill, salt, cayenne, parmesan and lemon juice. Stir gently to blend.
- Drain grape leaves and rinse with cold water. Spread leaves, veined side up, on a flat surface. Cut off stems.
- Place 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of filling near stem end, folding sides in as you roll up. Place extra grape leaves or lettuce leaves in bottom of skillet, sprinkle with water. Arrange filled leaves, seam side down, in electric skillet or stovetop skillet. (To fit them all you may have to stack a few.) Sprinkle with a little water and cover.
- Cook over low heat (simmer) for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware