Bruschetta with Tomato-Basil Topping
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Chopped (peeled and seeded Roma Tomatoes)
- ½ cup Fresh Basil
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Diced Red Pepper Roasted
- ¼ cup Diced Sweet Onion Roasted
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 loaf Whole Grain or French Bread 20-24 inches long cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 12 Inch Skillet with Cover
- Preheat the skillet on medium heat. Lightly brush each slice of bread with olive oil.
- Place the sliced bread, oil side down, in the preheated skillet one layer at a time until nicely browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, pan roast the diced peppers and onions to a rich brown color. The skillet should be uncovered during this process, with the heat on medium to medium high.
- Combine the seasonings with the tomatoes and roasted vegetables. Top each slice of bread, on the toasted side, with the tomato mixture.
- Place the tomato topped bread back into the large skillet, sprinkle with the cheese. Cover. Reduce the heat to low. When the cheese has melted, carefully remove with a spatula and serve
Kitchen Craft Waterless Cookware