Your Kitchen Craft Cookware arrives packaged with a recipe book and a very helpful video for your review. You can use all of your current recipes as well as oil, water and seasoning if you choose. However, with a few slight alterations, you will discover delicious dinners with little to no fat or sodium.
A) If anything is damaged in shipment, contact Kitchen Craft's excellent customer service at 1-800-800-2850.
B) Wash all your cookware in hot soapy water or a dishwasher before first use. Clean with Americraft Stainless Steel Cleaner, Cameo, Barkeepers Friend or Kleen Keen. Stainless steel is non-porous and lets you see any residue on surfaces. Most metals are porous, dark and it is difficult to tell if they are clean. With Kitchen Craft, you will always know your cookware is clean. The chemicals and minerals in most water will sometimes leave a white or blue film. Cameo, mixed with a little water to make a paste, and a damp towel will remove all residues. Cleaning your cookware while it's "hot" is a good idea to prevent food from drying and adhering to the surface. If it does dry on, soak the utensil for a few minutes and clean as usual.
C) TURN THE HEAT DOWN. Your cookware has 7 layers of special metals to conduct heat. Medium to low is all you need to know.
NOTE: If you have a gas range, hold your hand 6 inches above the flame. If you do not feel the warmth from the flame, it is the ideal heat to cook with.
HELPFUL COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
- The diameter of the burner on your range top stove should be equal to the diameter of the cookware selected. When using a gas range, make sure the flame does not extend up the sides of the cookware.
- Choose the unit that accommodates the quantity of food you need to prepare. Do not over-fill your cookware.
- To brown or sear meat: With the lid on the unit, preheat the unit while EMPTY.
- To cook food, that does not need to be seared:
- Occasionally, food will stick. We suggest the following:
- Make a paste with stainless steel cleaner
- Clean the unit using a circular motion, with either a paper towel or a soft cloth
- DO NOT use cleaner containing bleach
*IMPORTANT: If your lid ever locks down on your cookware, simply place the cookware on medium heat until the lid releases. Do not place a hot lid flat on a glass stove top, always place the lid handle side down.
WATERLESS COOKING BASICS
- Fry an egg. When frying an egg, preheat skillet on medium-low and use a small amount of cooking oil. You may also use your choice of a cooking spray or butter. Fry as usual.
- Boil an egg without water. Place a wet paper towel in the bottom of small pan. Insert 3 eggs for starters, place the lid on the unit. Cook on medium heat until vapor escapes then turn to low. Cook for 10 minutes on low (never lift cover). Pour cold water over eggs, leave a small amount of water and remove the paper towel. With the cover on, shake the eggs to crack the shells. Peel and serve. NOTE: No green rings on yoke!
- Fried chicken, without grease. Start with breasts or thighs and remove all the skin. Preheat on medium. Place chicken in pan, meaty side down. Do not over fill pan. Cook for a few minutes with the cover off to brown. Then cook meat for 10-12 minutes with the cover on. Turn and serve.
- A burger, a steak, or a pork chop is great! Preheat the unit on medium to medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes with the cover off to brown. Replace cover and continue cooking about 5 minutes. (If you see steam, turn the heat down.) Turn, let brown, and then serve.
- Seafood. Preheat the unit on medium heat. You may add a little butter or extra virgin olive oil for taste, but they are not necessary. Cook for a few minutes with the cover off to brown if desired. Replace cover and continue cooking about 5 minutes (time depends of type and size of portion).
- Roast (beef, pork, or wild game). Preheat pan on medium heat. Sear and brown on one side for 10 minutes, with the cover off. As you turn the roast, place thick sliced onions in bottom or any other vegetables of choice and seasoning. Turn heat to low and place the cover on.
- Rice. Pour 1 3/4 cups of water and 1 cup of rice into pan - no need to bring water to a boil first. On medium heat, cover the pan. When vapor escapes, close the valve and remove the unit from heat. Let it stand for 20 minutes. The rice will not over cook. Add raisins and serve with milk and honey for a delicious and healthy breakfast.
- Beans and pasta. You can cook beans and pasta just like you always have, but in 30% less time - on medium to low heat. NOTE: Beans and pasta have no moisture, so you must add water. Do not worry about soaking the beans all night. It is not necessary with your new cookware.